CongraTulations to The Mulberry Parc!
Proud winners of best of Burnaby 2017 for:
Best retirement residence
Best independent Living
BURNABY SENIORS' Resources SOCIETY
Burnaby Seniors Resources Society (BSRS) is comprised of not for profit agencies and businesses in Burnaby. BSRS has been active for over 25 years in Burnaby providing educational programs and networking opportunities for seniors and those providing services to them. In the past few years the society has sponsored two major programs.
- Free Educational Presentations highlight important issues for seniors. This series is held in the various senior’s centres throughout the city and features speakers to address issues relevant to seniors.
- In 2007 the society sponsored the Voices of Burnaby Seniors project which surveyed Burnaby seniors regarding their needs. Survey respondents were asked about their housing, transportation, health and support service needs, and for the past four years VOBS has been working on implementing the recommendations that arose from the survey. (See VOBS full report.)
- To our wonderful Burnaby seniors – we hope you find this site full of helpful information. You will find a wide variety of organizations and companies that provide products and services to seniors. Follow the links to discover all that civic, non-profit agencies and businesses have to offer seniors.
Interested in joining? What does your organization or company have to offer seniors in Burnaby? Whether you are a not for profit organization or have your own business, we believe that you have an important contribution to make and we would like to get to know you better.
We invite you to be our guest at one of our monthly meetings, held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month except for July, August and December at 12:30 p.m. atMulberry PARC Residence at 7230 Acorn Avenue, Burnaby. Come find out how you can put your expertise to work to help better the lives of our cherished seniors.
Anne Waller and Monica Webb
The purposes of the Society are:
- To identify needs of seniors in Burnaby, make recommendations relative to those needs and seek means of implementing solutions.
- To act as a resource for those who are delivering new or additional services for seniors in Burnaby.
- To educate and inform members and the community about emerging seniors’ issues, needs and programs and developments in seniors’ services